Marriage is solemnized in the Arya Samaj Mandir and the same is registered under section 8 of the Hindu Marriage Act-1954 by the Registrar of Marriage appointed by the Delhi Govt. on the same working day without giving any notice to the parents of the parties.


30 days’ notice is given in the presence of both the parties and thereafter in the presence of three witnesses marriage is directly solemnized by the Registrar of Marriage appointed by the Delhi Govt.


Documents Required For Court Marriage Registration

Court Marriage in Delhi | Court Marriage in India

A. Passport Size Photographs – four each of Marrying Persons. 
B. Residential Proof (Voter Card / Passport / Ration Car / Driving License / Bank Passbook / Lease Deed / Rent Deed) of Marrying Persons. 
C. Date of Birth Proof (Municipal Corporation Certificate, X th or XII th Examination Certificate, Passport, PAN Card) of Marrying Persons. 
D. If any party is divorcee Certified copy of Decree of Divorce granted by the Court.
E. If any party is widow / widower Death Certificate of the dead spouse. 
F. If any party is a Foreign Citizen or holding a foreign Passport or is having foreign residential address.
G. Certificate of Present Marital Status of the party / No Impediment Certificate / NOC from concerned Embassy and Valid VISA.
H. Two Witnesses ( Both should be major )



Chapter II, Section 4, states that certain conditions are required for entering into such a marriage. They are:

No Previous Marriage Valid: Neither party should have a living husband or wife. Any previous marriage should no longer be valid.

Valid Consent: Both parties should be competent to give valid consent. The parties should be capable of speaking their mind and entering into marriage of their own will.

Age: The male must have completed 21 years and the female 18 years of age.

Fit for Procreation: Neither of party should be unfit for procreation of children.

Prohibited Relationship: Parties should not be within degrees of prohibited relationship as provided in Schedule I; however, if the customs and traditions of the religion of any one of the parties permit so, then it shall be valid.

Leave a Comment

× Need legal help?